You can get in touch with the team at email@example.com.
Vulcan Post – Quality Conversations For The Smartphone Generation.
Writing for the curious smartphone generation, who are hungry to discover more from the world around them. Vulcan Post is all about living life with a digital edge, up and coming startups, and people who inspire conversations.
Who’s our audience?
The Gen Z generation. People who care about technology and embrace technology in their daily lives.
We understand that basically means everyone.
We are a young and fun team, and we are constantly looking for new writers to join us! Talk to us, we won’t bite! 🙂
Vulcan Post milestones
- 18th August 2013 – First post published on Vulcan Post
- 28th August 2013 – Team expanded to 3 writers: Welcome on board, Dawn and Priscilla!
- 9th September 2013 – Team expanded to 4 writers: Welcome on board, Shilpa!
- 11th September 2013 – First organic search term lands on Vulcan Post.
- 18th September 2013 – Happy first Monthsary, Vulcan Post! We publicly announced Vulcan Post today.
- 27th September 2013 – Team expanded to 5 writers: Welcome on board, Nicholas!
- 3rd October 2013 – Changed theme to a more readable theme which can encompass a wider range of content, including video posts, image posts, and review posts!
- 4th October 2013 – Team expanded to 6 writers: Welcome on board, Aldrin!
- 6th October 2013 – Team expanded to 7 writers: Welcome on board, Ser Yang!
- 7th October 2013 – We experienced one of our highest traffics today! And one of our posts was noticed and tweeted by a journalist from Forbes India!
- 9th October 2013 – Yet another post noticed and tweeted, this time by The Next Web’s Community and Social Media Director!
- 10th October 2013 – Team expanded to 8 writers: Welcome on board, Vincent!
- 13th October 2013 – We have our first product update! We have just added pagination on our homepage so that it is easier for you to browse our archives, we have also improved our social sharing buttons in individual posts. Also, we have added an unintrusive email popup so that you can easily subscribe to our mailing list to be updated with what’s happening on Vulcan Post.
- 14th October 2013 – A post was noticed and made viral – featured by Hackernews from Y Combinator and many others!
- 14th October 2013: Less than one month after we publicly publicized Vulcan Post, we have finally hit our 10,000th pageview!
- 18th October 2013: We just turned two months old!
- 24th October 2013: Team expanded to 9 writers: Welcome on board, Jasmine!
- 26th October 2013: Vulcan Post was accepted into Alltop’s pool of blog network. Alltop : All the top headlines from popular topics around the web.
- 27th October 2013: We have our second product update! We have just added a nice top announcement bar to keep you updated with anything happening on Vulcan Post. On top of that, we have also tidied up our menu bar to help you better navigate through our posts categories.
- 28th October 2013: Team expanded to 10 writers: Welcome on board, Tsering (pen name)!
- 29th October 2013: Team expanded to 11 writers: Welcome on board, Jonathan, our Malaysian correspondent!
- 31st October 2013: We ended the month of October with 20,000 pageviews! We’ve doubled our pageviews in 2 weeks!
- 5th November 2013: Vulcan Post partnered with Coconuts.co for a syndication partnership! This means that some of our articles will appear on their website too.
- 8th November 2013: Team expanded to 12 writers: Welcome on board, Geraldine!
- 15th November 2013: We just doubled our pageviews to 40,000 in 2 weeks!
- 16th November 2013: We have just added summaries into our Twitter card. If you have not followed us on Twitter, you should do it now! 🙂
- 18th November 2013: Happy third monthsary, Vulcan Post!
- 19th November 2013: We have just surpassed 200,000 pageviews!
- 20th November 2013: One of our post was noticed and tweeted by Janice Koh, nominated Member of Parliament in Singapore.
- 21st November 2013: We just surpassed 500,000 pageviews!
- 22th November 2013: One of our posts was tweeted by StartupAmerica, The National Network of Startup Communities endorsed by President Barack Obama.
- 26th November 2013: We have just added a Google+ Account. Add us to your Circle!
- 28th November 2013: We were Stomped and appeared on Asia One!
- 6th December 2013: We have just added a new featured column at our homepage, helping you highlight our featured news everyday. Let us know what you think!
- 12th December 2013: We have just passed our first millionth pageview!
- 17th December 2013: We were mentioned and featured on Yahoo Singapore!
- 24th December 2013: We’ve expanded our footprint to Taiwan! Welcome on board, Fang Yu and Jenny!
- 4th January 2014: Vulcan Post was linked by Business Insider Australia.
- 10th January 2014: We’ve just launched our new logo. How do you like it?
- 31st January 2014: We are now a content syndication partner for Yahoo Singapore!
- 17th February 2014: One of our post was noticed and tweeted by Jeremy Wagstaff, Thomson Reuters Chief Technology Correspondent for Asia!
- 20th February 2014: Welcome on board, Azhar, our new Singapore-based writer. Azhar was also an ex-journalist at TODAY.
- 24th February 2014: Welcome on board, Natalie, our new Singapore-based writer!
- 3rd March 2014: One of our article was noticed and tweeted by Ben Goldacre, accomplished author and “Bad Science” columnist for The Guardian.
- 5th March 2014: One of our post was tweeted and shared by Mr Baey Yam Keng, Singapore’s Member of Parliament!
- 6th March 2014: We have another new writer on board with Vulcan Post, Arpan!
- 21th March 2014: We have another lovely writer on board: Liang Hwei!
- 24th March 2014: We are excited to share that former AOL Tech and Engadget Editorial Director, Joshua Fruhlinger has just joined us as our advisor!
- 29th March 2014: One of our post was noticed and tweeted by Irene Au, former head of design at Google and Yahoo!
- 7th April 2014: We have another new writer on board with Vulcan Post, Johnbosco!
- 7th April 2014: We have partnered with China-based WeChat and New York-based Locket to bring our news to more mobile users!
- 14th April 2014: We have another new writer on board with Vulcan Post, Allison!
- 16th April 2014: We have another new writer on board with Vulcan Post, Sarah!
- 17th April 2014: One of our article was featured under Apple Singapore’s Hot News!
- 21st April 2014: We are named as the 4th Most Popular Online Magazine in Singapore!
- 9nd March 2014: One of our post was noticed and tweeted by the US Embassy of Singapore!
- 12nd May 2014: We have a new editor from Malaysia joining us, Sarah Enxhi!
- 15th May 2014: We are excited to share that we are partnering with The Smart Local, Twenty First Tech, and Evernote to bring more content to our readers!
- 15th May 2014: One of our post was noticed and shared by popular Singapore food blogger Lady Iron Chef!
- 22nd June 2014: One of our post was noticed and tweeted by Shopify’s Head of Business Development Brennan Loh!
- 1st July 2014: We have revamped our Vulcan TV page, showing our dedication to highlight some of the best videos around the web.
- 14th July 2014: We have revamped our Vulcan Post Authors page. Check out all our writers now!
Quotes we love
When you write like everyone else and sound like everyone else and act like everyone else, you’re saying, “Our products are like everyone else’s, too.” Or think of it this way: Would you go to a dinner party and just repeat what the person to the right of you is saying all night long? Would that be interesting to anybody? So why are so many businesses saying the same things at the biggest party on the planet — the marketplace? – Jason Fried, co-founder and president of 37signals.
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about.” – Benjamin Franklin
“We have an obligation to understand and to acknowledge that as writers for children we are doing important work, because if we mess it up and write dull books that turn children away from reading and from books, we’ve lessened our own future and diminished theirs.” – Neil Gaiman